FORUMS: list search recent posts

Drifting Multi-Track Audio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Parke
Drifting Multi-Track Audio
on Jul 8, 2010 at 5:22:54 pm

Hello All:

I am post supervising my first multicam docu-drama "Hills"-type show and have been running into audio issues as of late. I was able to successfully jam-sync the cameras in FCP and everything was perfect. I went to add the audio to the mix after the edits were made but it seemed the TC on the audio and the cameras don't match.

I was able to make a little algorithm to figure out the gap which was about 00:00:55:44 off. Then, when applying that formula to other clips, it seemed to slip again. I called the man who did the audio on the shoot and he said there is some known issue with some cameras and audio drift (48 drop or something like that -- I don't really understand a lot about audio engineering/codecs). He ran the audio back through ProTools to fix the issue as best he knew how and exported OMFs. My editor then said all the TCs started at 00:00:00:00. Because she's cutting off-site, I can't really do any troubleshooting -- beyond anything I've done already, anyway.

I wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this or has had this issue and might be able to steer me in the right direction. We are on a deadline to deliver and this is the only thing holding us up at this point. Here's some specs from the shoot:

• We shot on the Panasonic AJ-HDX900p

• We are posting in FCP 7

• We have AIFs and OMFs of the Multi-tracks (one channel for each camera.

• Shoot was 29.97nd and the sound report confirms it was shot the same.

• David Parke
    Assistant Editor
    http://www.dparke.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]