FORUMS: list search recent posts

Merged audio nightmare

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amit Ashraf
Merged audio nightmare
on Jul 8, 2010 at 4:41:43 am

So I cut a 20 minute short film, without worrying about the live audio (just worked with camera audio). Then my director told be that I need to put the separate audio track in! So I've been for the life of me trying to figure out a way to reference the merged clips. When I merged the audio and video and export it out, then try to reconnect the clips from the film to the new mov file, two things happen. Either there are too many tracks so I have export into four tracks. Then when I reconnect the sound is either totally missing, or the reconnection is out of whack. I know its out of whack because adding the audio puts black space in front of the video, i can crop that out, and hopefully it will be in sync. But I still dont get audio. Sometimes I was successful in syncing it. Please help me! I dont want to have to reedit the whole thing!!!!

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Merged audio nightmare
on Jul 8, 2010 at 9:16:16 am

So if i get it right, it was shot with dual system sound?

If so, does the BWF timecode match the QT timecode?

In that case, i can help.
But first, try to explain exactly what you have!

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

Steven Gonzales
on Jul 8, 2010 at 1:53:09 pm

I would try this:

Start a new project to avoid confusion. Import all your original video master clips that you used for cutting. Bring in all the sound that you want to sync.

Get Pluraleyes. http://www.singularsoftware.com/pluraleyes.html There's a 30 day demo.

Either using pluraleyes, or syncing manually, create a sequence for each clip where the original video and the new audio are in sync for each master clip. You can probably delete the original camera audio once you are sure you are in sync.

Chop the new audio so it is the same length as the video master clip. Match frame the audio and cut is an audio subclip back to the timeline, then make a merged clip (if you don't subclip, your merged clip will take the longer length of the new audio master clip, instead of the length of the video master clip). Export a quicktime of this merged clip to a new folder.

Once you have everything in sync, and you have new master clips exported that have the same length as your original video master clips, and you have retained your timecode and reel info, you can reconnect your cut sequence to these new master clips composed of original video and non-camera audio.

Return to posts index

Eben Abbaan
on Oct 4, 2010 at 6:01:49 pm

"Chop the new audio so it is the same length as the video master clip. Match frame the audio and cut is an audio subclip back to the timeline, then make a merged clip (if you don't subclip, your merged clip will take the longer length of the new audio master clip, instead of the length of the video master clip). Export a quicktime of this merged clip to a new folder.

The crucial instruction here doesn't make sense..... can you please explain? This is exactly the problem I'm having...

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]