FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Multiclip Bug with Audio Clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Libya El-Amin
FCP Multiclip Bug with Audio Clip
on Jul 6, 2010 at 9:02:42 am

I was wondering if anyone had come across a problem grouping video and backup audio in FCP 7 where it starts to rename the clips within the multiclip? I had two video clips (Prores HD) that I was grouping using in points and wanted to add .aiff files to the multiclip. I converted the audio files in FCP to .mov files with audio only and subclipped the audio to sync with the video.

I found that if one of the video clips did not start first the multiclip would form with the audio out of sync (it would conviently tell me how far out of sync). Once I lined up the audio subclips with the video the way FCP wanted, then the multiclips would be in sync and everything was fine until I named the multiclip. As soon as I named the multiclip the clips within would change names... usually to a name already in the multiclip, ie all the clips would be camera A.

Has anyone come across this problem and know of a solution?

It should be noted that if the audio is not added the multiclips work fine.

Does anyone have any ideas of a different audio work flow that may work better? Thanks

Nzhinga

Return to posts index

Pete Appleby
Re: FCP Multiclip Bug with Audio Clip
on Oct 11, 2010 at 4:19:57 am

I have run into a different issue with Multiclip in FCP 7 when trying to include and aif audio track.

The scenario is a church service recorded from 3 cameras and audio recorded on a separate device. The audio is 48k 16 bit aif. Everything is fine stand alone using viewer in the project. When I combine the 3 cameras into a multiclip, everything is fine. All syncs up perfectly.

When I try creating a multiclip using the same 3 camera clips and include the aif audio file, the audio does not work. I can select the audio, but nothing plays. When viewing the audio, no waveform is visible. The 3 cameras are still synched, but the timecodes displayed on the overlay are bogus, like 24:02:22;01 where there is only a little more than an hour total.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Pete

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]