FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resetting aspect sequence settings issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny Baron
Resetting aspect sequence settings issue
on Jul 5, 2010 at 8:20:05 pm

I incorrectly set up my timeline. It should have been 640X480 but I set it to my first small clip that was apparently 720X 480. As a result much of the footage looks very squeezed. I tried to reset the sequence settings. That didn’t help. I tried cutting and pasting the whole piece into a new correctly set sequence (with one correct clip in it.) That didn’t help. The only thing that I have found that works is to set up a correct sequence, then go to the incorrect one and one by one find the cut, go to the new sequence and insert the cut. This takes a very very long time. Can anyone suggest a more efficient way to correctthe entire sequence?

Thanks.

Danny

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Resetting aspect sequence settings issue
on Jul 5, 2010 at 8:28:59 pm

[Danny Baron] "It should have been 640X480"

Are you sure, is that what your clips are. Video is 720x480 and then it is converted to 640x480 for computer playback (square).

If you use your new sequence and select all the clips in your old seq. Paste them into the new. Then select all of the clips in the new seq. and remove attributes Distort and Scale. This should get you back to where you want to be. But once again why 640x480?

Return to posts index

Danny Baron
on Jul 5, 2010 at 9:19:30 pm

Thanks for the response.

am helping a friend cut a shorter reel from a very long DVD collection of scenes he has. On the DVD I pulled from, none of the clips looked squeezed. When I finished cutting and burned a DVD I realized that much of what I cut looked squeezed. I noticed in the browser it tells me it’s 640X480. And I had my timeline set to 720. When I switched a clip to 640 in a new sequence it unsqueezed. That’s why I am barking up this tree.

Danny

Return to posts index

Kris Merkel
on Jul 5, 2010 at 9:25:58 pm

Are you editing in DV timeline?

Return to posts index

Danny Baron
on Jul 5, 2010 at 9:31:18 pm

I'm not sure if I'm answering this correctly, but under Seq settings/QT Video Settings, it's DVD/DVCPRO-NTSC.

Danny

Return to posts index

Danny Baron
on Jul 5, 2010 at 9:42:24 pm

As I reread your question, it makes me wonder if I introduced the problem when i imported through MPEG Streamclip. Perhaps i made it 640X480. If I reendcoded it would I be able to make that the reference file -- or would I have to recut the whole thing?

I am helping a friend cut a shorter reel from a very long DVD collection of scenes he has. On the DVD I pulled from, none of the clips looked squeezed. When I finished cutting and burned a DVD I realized that much of what I cut looked squeezed. I noticed in the browser it tells me it’s 640X480. And I had my timeline set to 720. When I switched a clip to 640 in a new sequence it unsqueezed. That’s why I am barking up this tree.

Danny

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jul 6, 2010 at 3:49:28 am

DVDs ARE as spec, 720x480. So when you import in MPEG Streamclip, choose the DV NTSC setting and don't touch anything. Then in FCP, use the DV NTSC settings and presets there. So yes, introducting 640x480 anywhere in the mix is causing you problems.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]