FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting to DVD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erica Groves
Exporting to DVD
on Jul 5, 2010 at 6:01:41 am

Hi,

I use this forum a lot when I have little "techy" things I need to figure out and almost always I find the answers.

There are so many different settings to choose from in Final Cut Pro it makes my head spin.

I shoot on Sony HVR-A1U and I am editing on Final Cut Pro 6.0.5. It's a 1080i HD camera but I am not quite at the point where I am burning to Blu-Ray yet so I am trying to get the best quality onto an SD DVD.

So I have no idea what my sequence settings should be at or my export settings sizes etc etc. Final Cut Pro doesn't let me import my footage right intp FCP so I always have to import to imovie. Also I used to export using Compressor (under 90 mins best quality) But all of a sudden when I use that my video is all pixelated! I have no idea what changed.

GAHHH!! Please help!

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Exporting to DVD
on Jul 5, 2010 at 3:05:57 pm

FCP makes it "Easy" for you. Choose "Easy Setup" and select the sequence setting that matches your footage.

It is highly recommended to convert your HDV footage to ProRes to make your editing easier.

Once you have the correct sequence setting just export a QuickTime Movie (deselect make self-contained) and drop that into Compressor and choose your setting.

There are many many tutorials on HDV workflow available. I would suggest searching and reading them.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]