FORUMS: list search recent posts

75min Export for DVD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cina Canada
75min Export for DVD
on Jul 3, 2010 at 7:38:37 pm

Greetings.

I have exported a 75minute movie from FCP as a straight QT Movie (not QT conversion). I have then put that export into Compressor and selected Best Quality DVD 90min. Once that was complete I then took that M2v export into DVDSP, choose a template menu, burned and tested on my computer. First, the quality is horrible, text pixilated, etc... Second, I then put the disc into two different standard consumer DVD players and both were unable to read the disc.

Any help would be much appreciated! I would like to know the best option for exporting a 75min project and then burning to a standard DVD for standard consumer DVD players.

Thank you.

Cina

Return to posts index

Jaap van Hoewijk
Re: 75min Export for DVD
on Jul 3, 2010 at 10:41:23 pm

to me this seems the right way to go.What footage, format, are you using?

Return to posts index

Cina Canada
on Jul 3, 2010 at 10:52:05 pm

Shooting on the EX1, 1080i. The QT export looks fine. It looks bad after being burned from DVDSP, and then the disc doesn't work in my consumer dvd player.

Can't figure it out...

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jul 3, 2010 at 11:42:04 pm

[Cina Canada] "Second, I then put the disc into two different standard consumer DVD players and both were unable to read the disc"

99% of the time this is because you are making a HD DVD. Even if you m2vs are encoded correctly as SD m2vs if you select HD DVD the disc will only play back on Macs. If this is what you did you need to start the authoring over.

Return to posts index

Cina Canada
on Jul 3, 2010 at 11:49:37 pm

Yes, thank you. I did go to preferences to set it as an SD disc but for some reason it in the inspector the option to change to SD is greyed out and it is in fact set on HD. Any thought as to why I can't change it?

Also, any thought as to why when I play the disc on my computer the text and quality are bad?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jul 5, 2010 at 5:21:00 am

You can't change it. You need to re-author from scratch with a new project.

It looks horrible because your settings are wrong.

Return to posts index

Cina Canada
on Jul 5, 2010 at 12:23:45 pm

O.k., so I did that. Started from scratch. Made it SD. Still looks bad, text is horrible. I'm at a complete loss as to what settings I'm not getting right...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]