FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sequence Settings questions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Cunningham
Sequence Settings questions
on Jul 3, 2010 at 12:56:56 am

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with a (presumably fairly simple) sequence settings issue.

A while back I shot my student film on 16mm and had it digitized. I recently decided to make a few small changes to the finished edit. The export both seemed subtly 'laggy' or choppy in places, and looked digital - the film motion was still right, but the lines looked a bit jaggy in places. Further examination revealed that the original export looked fine frame to frame, but the latest one had half-frames that I think gave it that look.

Now, I'm trying to get it right, but even when I match the sequence settings to the clip settings (the clip being the original exports - my changes are so minor, and include adding different credits at the tail, so that this is possible rather than opening up the original edit) - Vid rate 29.97, Frame-size 720x480, Pixel Aspect NTSC-CCIR601 (720x480) - but it always shows up too small - it fills up most of the frame, but not all of it, a box within a box.

At this point, I'm seriously confused. Both as to the problem described above (question 1), and also why the settings seem to point at 720x480 instead of 640x480 - why wouldn't 16mm be 4:3 instead of 3:2 (question 2)? Also, generally speaking, what's the best method for export, and why - Export Quicktime Movie or Export Using Quicktime Conversion (question 3)?

Lots of basic questions in here, I'm sure - the technical stuff is not my strong point. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeff Cunningham
Re: Sequence Settings questions
on Jul 4, 2010 at 12:41:32 am

Disregard this post as some cursory research has it mostly figured out!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]