lay off HDV to min DV tape

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ceri Allen
lay off HDV to min DV tape
on Jun 30, 2010 at 5:05:53 pm

Hi

I am working on a mac G5 with a blackmagik card and FCP version 6.0.4

I would like to lay off from FCP onto mini DV tape in HDV format. The timeline and the footage I am working on are all HDV.

The deck I am laying off to is a Sony Digital HD videocasette recorder (HDMI).

Please can someone explain the workflow to me for how to lay off in HDV, as far as I know I cannot do it through firewire as I would for a DV-PAL lay off.

Ceri

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: lay off HDV to min DV tape
on Jun 30, 2010 at 8:07:26 pm

What output ports does your black magic gear have? Does it have HDMI? What inputs does your deck have?

FWIW, Firewire can put out HDV... it doesn't automatically down convert it.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Ceri Allen
on Jul 1, 2010 at 8:21:29 am

Hi

Blackmagik card has the analogue output which goes to a loom, and the SDI output.

the deck has S video in, SDI video in and audio in.
also has component out and HDMI out.

I did try to output HDV through firewire but FCP only had options for firewire out at Pal 720x576 and the record mode option became greyed out on the deck when the VCR was set to HDV mode.

Thanks

Ceri

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Jul 1, 2010 at 3:08:56 pm

The SDI out from Blackmagic should be able to send HDV 'd think... to the SDI in of the deck.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]