FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live capture question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
douglas brumbaugh
Live capture question
on Jun 30, 2010 at 3:33:00 pm

I am trying to record live from a Sony DSR50 deck via basic firewire but I am getting a "the tape has reached its end" error after I hit capture now. I do see video and timecode under the basic firewire setting in the log and capture window before I hit capture now but when I do, I get the error.

I don't have the option to use 422 unfortunately, my only option is firewire.

I know I can use the non-controllable device setting but I need the timecode on the tape because I am using 2 Macbook pro's for a 2 camera shoot so I need the two to match.

I am trying to avoid digitizing tape by doing the live capture but I keep getting this error.

Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Live capture question
on Jun 30, 2010 at 3:39:36 pm

That process won't work with firewire unfortunately. You will need to use non-controllable device (and lost tc), or use a capture card with embedded tc.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

douglas brumbaugh
on Jun 30, 2010 at 3:45:15 pm

What about an external box that would hook up to my macbook pro? Say the AJA IOHD or something similar?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 30, 2010 at 3:49:48 pm

[douglas brumbaugh] "What about an external box that would hook up to my macbook pro? Say the AJA IOHD or something similar?
"

Yes, that is the second scenario I posted about.

But you will still need a way to get tc to it. Does your camera have a tc out? If so, you can use AJA VTr Exchnage (free software) and an ioHD or similar and capture the video with LTC. Or use a KiPro and forget the laptop.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]