FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stutter frame jitter over cuts

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Chute
Stutter frame jitter over cuts
on Jun 30, 2010 at 1:17:06 pm

I have a Macbook Pro 15" i7 and I'm editing from the internal HDD on Final Cut Pro in a 720p H264 timeline.

I've noticed on playback over some simple cuts with the blade tool that the playback is stuttering a few frames. It then picks up but I loose about 6 or 10 frames and that can be quite crucial in editing some music videos where synching matters immensely.

I've also noticed a few frames jump in randomly from other cuts that I have made. I am using a 4minute long clip and sourcing my footage from that so maybe the frame popping in is something to do with that?

Both of these issues don't effect the export (using current 720p H264 settings from the sequence) and resolve, but in other places the export seems to stutter in completely different places to the problems when playing back in FCP.

Any help is much appreciated, this little annoyance is slowing down my work flow!

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Stutter frame jitter over cuts
on Jun 30, 2010 at 1:32:27 pm

First you are using your system drive as your scratch disc. That's not recommended. External HD is.
Second, H.264 is NOT an editing codec. ProRes, DV, DVCProHD, etc. are editing codecs.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Jack Chute
Re: Stutter frame jitter over cuts
on Jun 30, 2010 at 1:42:50 pm

Great, thanks for the response. A colleague at work suggested a few of those points so I'll take it onboard from now on.

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]