FORUMS: list search recent posts

hdv in dv sequence

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rui carvalho
hdv in dv sequence
on Jun 30, 2010 at 9:12:44 am

when i want to edit my HVD footage in DV sequence, i can not do slowmotion, because slowmotion get to do jumps. But if i change the filds to upper to it just fine, But in the upper field when i export it to tv junps on tv why is that? i work with pal system. Can somone help me please
tanks

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: hdv in dv sequence
on Jun 30, 2010 at 7:33:40 pm

Transfer your HDV files to DV before you edit them in a DV sequence. Bet the problem goes away...

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

John Doggett-Williams
on Jun 30, 2010 at 11:41:47 pm

To transfer HDV files to Dv do you have to recapture them? Or is it done in something like Compressor or mpeg streamclip?

John doggett-williams

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Jul 1, 2010 at 4:04:39 am

It's likely close as to which way is better. Might try recapturing a bit, and take that same bit from the HDV you've captured and try it in compressor... pick the one that looks best externally on a video monitor.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

John Doggett-Williams
on Jul 1, 2010 at 7:12:36 am

thanks Jerry

John doggett-williams

Return to posts index

Jeremy Doyle
on Jul 1, 2010 at 2:11:07 pm

I found the work around for me was to send the file to motion. When the dialogue box comes on just uncheck the launch motion button. You never even have to go into motion for this to work. Than FCP recognizes the file as a motion project and the slow motion works the way its suppose to.

It's a fields issue in FCP that motion does properly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]