FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aspect Ration export problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristen Palana
Aspect Ration export problem
on Jun 29, 2010 at 1:46:26 pm

Hi All,

I can never seem to shake this problem over various projects and with multiple formats. (Place dunce cap on head.)
OK, so for this latest project I have made digital paintings at 1920x1080 pixels so I will have an HD animation of the same dimensions.

I set up an HDVCPRO60i easy set up in Final Cut. Today I realized that in the render settings it is rendering at 1440 x 1080, although everything looks normal within Final Cut. It wasn't until I tried to export a still image today that I noticed everything getting squeezed into 1440x1080. I tried to make everything 1920x1080 in both the Easy Setup and in the render settings (but the only one available is HDTV60i) but then I get a really long looking screen with black on the sides of my image. I'd like to keep my current project and fix it from within there because I've already done quite a bit of editing and animating. It would take a long time to repiece everything in a new project, though if that's the only way to fix it then obviously I will do that.

But... just to check, then I made a new project with the Easy Setup and Render Setting matching at 1920x1080. Square pixels selected with anamorphic 16:9 unchecked. I bring in an animation still, and everything looks perfect. I go to export a still image or quicktime movie and the dimensions seem correct but I just get a white, blank screen when I try to open it in Photoshop or QT Player.

Help! Any ideas as to how I can save my project and therefore my sanity?

Happy summer,
Kristen

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Aspect Ration export problem
on Jun 29, 2010 at 4:32:54 pm

[Kristen Palana] "But... just to check, then I made a new project with the Easy Setup and Render Setting matching at 1920x1080. Square pixels selected with anamorphic 16:9 unchecked. I bring in an animation still, and everything looks perfect. I go to export a still image or quicktime movie and the dimensions seem correct but I just get a white, blank screen when I try to open it in Photoshop or QT Player. "
This is the correct process Kristen: 1920x1080 Square pixels.
I don't know the reason of getting a white screen.
Trash the FC preferences and see if you get rid of that.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]