FORUMS: list search recent posts

Boris 3D Title and Memory

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angela Gardner
Boris 3D Title and Memory
on Jun 28, 2010 at 7:35:55 pm

Greeting to everyone,

I have what I hope is a quick question for you guys. I am assisting on a project that is using a lot of the Boris 3D Title tool. As I've been creating these titles for the editor, I've been getting a memory error from Final Cut pro. The screen said to close other sequences and or projects, and had the FCP icon. FCP was only program running, and sequence open was my titles sequence.

I've seen a similar error when it pertains to corrupt media (usually jpegs and or bad color renders) but have never seen it when using a FCP plug-in. I will admit that I have not used the Boris tools before this, so any help would be nice.

Thanks,
Angela

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Boris 3D Title and Memory
on Jun 28, 2010 at 7:42:31 pm

How many graphics do you have on the timeline and how much RAM do you have in your machine? These two things are inextricably tied...

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

EPK Colorist - UP IN THE AIR - nominated for six academy awards

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Angela Gardner
on Jun 28, 2010 at 9:44:54 pm

There are roughly 8 graphics per segment at the moment and the machine has 8GB of RAM.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jun 29, 2010 at 3:35:22 am

I have 7gigs and any time I use the Boris tool alot I get that memory message. Have since it's inception on differerent computers. But I always just hit cancel or ok or whatever it says and it just continues on and works fine. I think it might also have to do with the number of fonts you have installed.

Return to posts index

Joey Burnham
on Jun 29, 2010 at 4:52:53 pm

Same here. You should be able to just click to say okay, then click back and it should open up. Just one of those things.
Joey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]