best export settings from final cut to adobe premiere pro cs3

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eelco Roes
best export settings from final cut to adobe premiere pro cs3
on Jun 27, 2010 at 11:03:25 am

Hi

I Have the following problem.
My client has film t material with a JVC GY-HM100U. This is a tapeless recorder that films in a XD-Cam Ex code. Now no problem there you think. Well the camera has the option to film using a .MP4 extension or a .mov, and well when filming in a .mov it is final cut only. Now he offer to export it with final cut to a standard that I can use in adobe premier pro cs3. I told him about the generation loss, and he seems fine about that.
Now my question what would be the best export settings for him to me? with lisle as possible loss of quality but workable file sizes (so no animation codec)

any help would be appreciated

Eelco Roes

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
Re: best export settings from final cut to adobe premiere pro cs3
on Jun 28, 2010 at 10:39:18 am

The 100 camera will capture either as native XDCAM-EX or as FCP compatible re-wrapped .MOV files. Technically, Premiere Pro CS3.2 will be able to use either of those types. Given a choice, I would take the original source media and hope it's native XDCAM.

Hope this helps,
Dennis

Return to posts index

Eelco Roes
on Jun 28, 2010 at 12:05:36 pm

Thank you for the response, but the problem is the client already has film t the project and askt me to edit it.
Now he used the camera in the only for final cut mode. So can't do anything about that.
Now he wants to export the media in final cut to something I can use in adobe. And my question is: What would be the "best" settings to export the media. And yes it is xdcam but in the .mov final cut files.
and premiere cs3.2 cant work with the .mov files (error missing codec) even in the xdcam ex project.

Eelco Roes
Burning Eye AV.

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Jun 28, 2010 at 2:17:10 pm

You can edit the ProRes media in Premiere Pro CS3 by putting it into a "desktop" mode in the playback settings.

With CS5 you can also take any clip and drag it to the new item icon and it will create a sequence based on the clip settings - similar to FCP's functionality.

Lastly, you might also bring this question up in the Premiere Pro forum at the Cow or Adobe's Premiere Pro forum.

Dennis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]