FORUMS: list search recent posts

why dropped audio with caf files?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
J. Tad Newberry
why dropped audio with caf files?
on Jun 26, 2010 at 7:40:57 am

For some reason, when i render out my timeline, i get a few spots where the audio drops out, just for a split second or so...but sometimes a little more. Upon inspection of the timeline, this is usually happening when i have a '.caf' sound effect at that point. My workaround was to first render a "mixdown", then i exported an audio-only file, played it to check it out, and it seemed fine, so rendered out the video only file, put them together on a new timeline, did a render out of the two and it all seemed to be okay...but, of course, with too many steps. Anyway...

Thanks again!

J. Tad Newberry
Big Ya Productions
Mac Pro 2.66 GHz Quad-Core
3 GB RAM
http://www.bigya.tv

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: why dropped audio with caf files?
on Jun 26, 2010 at 3:05:55 pm

I know it might seem weird since these files come with Soundtrack Pro, but the same rule still applies... You should convert everything to 48k Aiff files for use in FCP. FCP does not like compressed audio.

These files were compressed in the .caf format to keep the file size down and were not meant to be used directly in FCP... They were meant to be used in STP, where your final output would be your mix as an AIFF file or STAP file.

Return to posts index

J. Tad Newberry
on Jun 26, 2010 at 4:21:19 pm

Wow, i never knew that one - tHanks, John! Convert i shall....

Thanks again!

J. Tad Newberry
Big Ya Productions
Mac Pro 2.66 GHz Quad-Core
3 GB RAM
http://www.bigya.tv

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jun 26, 2010 at 3:06:19 pm

I know it might seem weird since these files come with Soundtrack Pro, but the same rule still applies... You should convert everything to 48k Aiff files for use in FCP. FCP does not like compressed audio.

These files were compressed in the .caf format to keep the file size down and were not meant to be used directly in FCP... They were meant to be used in STP, where your final output would be your mix as an AIFF file or STAP file.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]