FORUMS: list search recent posts

multiclip needs render, what gives

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
todd reid
multiclip needs render, what gives
on Jun 26, 2010 at 3:40:41 am

I have a concert to cut together, 5 angles, 5 codecs.
I have gotten all footage in and the 4 angles that have the whole show are sync'd (5th camera was DLSR and didn't shoot very much-I will add that in later). (no matching timecode by the way)

Before you think you know what is wrong...I did take the time and used compressor to get all of the footage to ProRes 422 720p 1280x720 59.94fps, which matches my sequence.
When all clips are layered for the sync, they dont require render. I make a multiclip, put it in the sequence and the render status bar turns red. So you know what happens now...I have to render to get it to play, then every time I make an edit it unrenders the rest of sequence.

I've never had to do a HD multiclip, I've always been in the sd world and I didn't have this problem.
I'm currently running FC 6.0.6 & AJA IOHD

Somebody please help jog my brain....what am I missing????

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: multiclip needs render, what gives
on Jun 26, 2010 at 4:37:48 am

Todd,

I hate to say it, but most likely you don't enough throughput on those RAIDs. What are the read and write numbers you get when running the AJA Disk Speed Test?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

EPK Colorist - UP IN THE AIR - nominated for six academy awards

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: multiclip needs render, what gives
on Jun 26, 2010 at 5:46:34 am

Try reducing the playback quality in the RT menu in the upper left of your timeline.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]