Just thought I'd pass along this experience to anyone trying to create an offline for redigitizing using the Media Manager. Pretty novice mistake, once I figured it out.
Every time I created an offline of this one sequence for redigitizing using the 'delete unused media' setting, I was getting a couple of clips that defaulted to the original captured media length. FCP wouldn't make them independent and break them up into separate clips. I went thru the process a few times before realizing that there was no reel name assigned to the clips. I didn't digitize the footage originally or I would have made sure to do it then. Because that pesky reel column is so far to the right in the browser I hadn't even thought to check.
Yeah, I know...You can move it over. I was in a rush and growing agitated.
Once I entered a reel name and tried again, it worked perfectly.
Just goes to show what happens when you don't cross your 'I's and dot your 'T's.