FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 6 Unexpectedly Quitting

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristin Loveland
FCP 6 Unexpectedly Quitting
on Jun 24, 2010 at 8:01:31 pm

I've deleted the FCP program preferences and verified the system and external hard drive disks. FCP usually runs smoothly for a solid hour or two, then it'll expectantly quit and continue to quite within minutes of startup thereafter. Perhaps I am not deleting the correct preferences? Under FCP User data there's the standard FCP 6.0 Prefs and FCP Prof Cache, which I deleted, then there's a sub folder called FCP 6 Rescue (I'm not sure if this is a program that was previously installed before I worked with this computer) that has FCP 6.0 Prefs, FCP Obj Cache, FCP Prof Cache then .com.apple.FinalCutPro.plist, should these be deleted as well? Would a program like Disk Warrior be helpful here?

Return to posts index

Alan Thorburn
Re: FCP 6 Unexpectedly Quitting
on Jun 24, 2010 at 10:02:42 pm

Try turning off your file sharing.

Alan

Return to posts index

Kristin Loveland
on Jun 25, 2010 at 4:46:55 pm

My file sharing was turned off already..
Thanks for the suggestion though :)

Return to posts index

Alan Thorburn
on Jun 25, 2010 at 5:28:27 pm

Is FCP crashing only in one project or all projects?

Try creating a new project, copy all your media to a different drive, and then re-import, re-link.

Return to posts index

Kristin Loveland
on Jun 25, 2010 at 8:08:58 pm

Yes, I think this is the problem.. as I'm only having this problem with FCP projects on my external, should I run repairs, or reformat the external, then dump the files back onto it?

Return to posts index

Alan Thorburn
on Jun 25, 2010 at 9:48:00 pm

I would copy your media files off the external drive to another drive, then re-import/re-link those into your project. If your external drive is dying, better to do this sooner than later. Consumer HDs have a high failure rate when used in video editing. Try running your disc utility program and see if anything shows up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]