FORUMS: list search recent posts

Synch Problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joseph wilkins
Synch Problems
on Jun 23, 2010 at 6:22:49 pm

So I have a timeline that plays fine in the timeline, but when I export it as a quicktime movie with current settings, the lips are off a tad.

the timeline is 23.987 fps in the project file and the exported QT file

thanks

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Synch Problems
on Jun 23, 2010 at 6:53:03 pm

[joseph wilkins] "when I export it as a quicktime movie with current settings, the lips are off a tad. "

And you're playing that back exactly how???

Quicktime Player does not playback at speed, so it can't be used to judge sync. Exporting does not have any impact on sync, so you'll have to trust it or look at the clip in some other player. I've found that MPEG Streamclip playback is pretty much at speed, so try it. It's a free download all over the Net if you don't already have it.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

EPK Colorist - UP IN THE AIR - nominated for six academy awards

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

joseph wilkins
on Jun 23, 2010 at 7:33:46 pm

I'm using quicktime osx.. I'm using a brand new mac pro exported

I've exported it to a low bandwidth MPEG and it still shows in those.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jun 23, 2010 at 8:34:54 pm

What codec was used in the original clip and the edit sequence?

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

joseph wilkins
on Jun 23, 2010 at 8:39:14 pm

ProRes 422

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jun 23, 2010 at 9:42:18 pm

Do you have any gaps between clips? If so, try inserting slugs between them and try again. I've noticed that FCP can lose sync when gaps aren't filled. I never noticed this before, but it's possible this has just started with v7. There have been a couple of posts about it.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Harry Bromley-Davenport
on Jun 24, 2010 at 4:04:54 am

At last! I've been waiting to meet you for a long time.

This is something that I have experienced too when exporting from ProRes 422 running at 23.976. If you make a DVD it will be worse. It's about 3 frames out by the time it gets to DVD, right?

There is no cure. I have traveled far and wide on this one and I guess that we are the few unfortunates who suffer this irritation due to some confluence of the stars, the coriolis effect and chemtrails.

You just have to advance the sound by 3 frames (I think it's that way round - erm, or is it advance the picture?).

Oh, by the way go to your SEQUENCE menu - down to SEQUENCE SETTINGS and make sure that the COMPRESSOR export box thingy is set to ProRes 422.

Ha! Another victim.

Hugs,

Harry.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]