FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pluraleyes & FCP workflow for 7D footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jean-yves hasson
Pluraleyes & FCP workflow for 7D footage
on Jun 23, 2010 at 3:10:02 pm

Hello,

I've been trying to locate a good thread on how to create a workflow for FCP & Pluraleyes but have not come across anything yet and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

I am using FCS 3 and the latest version of Plural eyes (demo)
I have imported & transcoded (to pro res) all of my 7D footage into FCP using the E1 plugin.
My sound files were recorded using an external recorder (edirol) No timecode involved.

Now what I would like to do is sync the sound to the appropriate clip (I have lots as this is a feature project)

I've read that it's as simple as dropping the video & audio onto the same timeline (named pluraleyes) and letting it run - but that has not been working for me. Pluraleyes only syncs one or two clips and the rest disappear. Ideally I'd like to be able to do these in large batches.

Can someone who is employing this workflow give me a true step by step.

Feel free to be as specific as possible as I need all the help I can get at this point!

Many Thanks,
-JY

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Pluraleyes & FCP workflow for 7D footage
on Jun 23, 2010 at 8:47:18 pm

I've not used Plural Eyes, but I believe it "looks at" the audio in each clip then moves like clips together. Each clip has to have audio before Plural Eyes can do it's thing. Have you lined up all the video clips to their respective audio and merged them? After that, Plural Eyes should work.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Phil Balsdon
on Jun 24, 2010 at 12:16:12 am

My trial version came with a video tutorial, it worked so well I upgraded to full.

There are more tutorials on their website.

http://www.singularsoftware.com/tutorials.html

The difference in quality when recording the same audio source directly into the 7D and a Zoom H4 make the software an essential tool in post production for these cameras.

Cinematographer, Steadicam Operator, Final Cut Pro Post Production.
http://www.steadi-onfilms.com.au/

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Jun 24, 2010 at 6:50:49 am

Well,
It's not a miracle machine.
It can of course only work if there is matching sound with a bit of quality. If that is missing, how could it work?
Personally i would not trust it if it's more than a few clips, and always use proper TC to slave.
(After you once had to manually sync a few hundred clips you know why...)
But that of course is not a very easy option with the Zoom,
you must have an external TC generator and sacrifice one channel on the Zoom.
Possible, even an Ipod/Iphone can be master TC generator (more than accurate enough), and way more reliable in difficult situations.

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

Phil Balsdon
on Jun 24, 2010 at 7:04:20 am

I link the sound from the Zoom H4 Line Out either with a radio mike or a cable with pad to the 7D. Philip Bloom claims success with a reasonable quality external camera mike (Rode I think) on the camera.

After that it's just a careful and professional approach to the workflow. It's just double system, like on film, without the clapper.

Cinematographer, Steadicam Operator, Final Cut Pro Post Production.
http://www.steadi-onfilms.com.au/

Return to posts index

robert knowles
Re: Pluraleyes & FCP workflow
on Dec 20, 2010 at 1:35:55 pm

I had problems not being able go get Pluraleyes to work with fcp. The latest software update dec 2010 on fcp and then reload Pluraleyes had both programs working perfectly. Synced up clips from start/stop cam with second cam.pluraleyesed it. In sync. Brilliant All software uodates should be current.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]