FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Delay Tool

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Renny McCauley
Video Delay Tool
on Jun 22, 2010 at 10:15:09 pm

We have a system set up in which a Final Cut system is in a room which feeds a signal to a plasma TV in another room through 100ft of component cable. The signal is fed through the Matrox MXO. The setup works well, but the audio is a few frames off from the video. I'm guessing this has to do with the sheer distance. Is there some kind of delay device that we could use to sync up the signals?

Renny

Return to posts index

Brian Miller
Re: Video Delay Tool
on Jun 22, 2010 at 10:28:36 pm

we have this same issue, using blackmagic SDI to HDMI converter boxes. the issue seems to persist more in 23.98 for us. we just pull the audio 2 frames so it syncs on playback, then we pull it back for output... i'm in finishing to i usually only have 2-12 tracks to worry about...

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 22, 2010 at 10:28:52 pm

And the audio is coming from?

You can adjust the frame offset in the SYSTEM SETTINGS>PLAYBACK CONTROL until things sync up.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Quod
on Jun 22, 2010 at 10:55:28 pm

The length of the cable adds a negligible amount of delay. Most commonly the audio needs to be delayed because of the video lag in the monitor. (all LCD and Plasmas have delay in varying amounts, in my experience 1-2 frames) There are audio delay devices which can do this for you. Some higher end consumer receivers also have audio delay capabilities built in. I use an Onkyo for that very reason. If I'm not mistaken the frame offset in the SYSTEM SETTINGS>PLAYBACK CONTROL adjusts video and audio at the same time and is designed to allow you to sync an external monitor to match the computer screen playback.

Mark

Return to posts index

Renny McCauley
on Jun 22, 2010 at 11:07:00 pm

Oh wow, I had no idea that was built into Final Cut. Very cool! That will do the trick.

Renny

Renny McCauley
SkipJack Studios, MD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]