FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Certified Trainer tutorials

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Walsh
FCP Certified Trainer tutorials
on Jun 21, 2010 at 9:10:47 pm

Hi,
I am pretty familiar with FCP and would like to be Apple certified. Are there any on line courses I can take which will prep me for the test?

Thanks, I appreciate any help.

Bill

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP Certified Trainer tutorials
on Jun 21, 2010 at 9:18:32 pm

What do you hope to gain from Certification? To teach?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Brian Miller
on Jun 21, 2010 at 10:11:18 pm

as Shane points out, FCP Certification is kind of one of those things where you're not going to get the job over the other guy just 'cause your certified...

Return to posts index

Bill Walsh
on Jun 21, 2010 at 10:35:11 pm

No I wanted to work in an Apple store.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 21, 2010 at 10:37:39 pm

I doubt you need FCP certification for that. You might need general OS certification, but based on my experiences with Apple Store employees, I don't think that is required either.

Shane

Return to posts index

Bill Walsh
on Jun 21, 2010 at 10:45:03 pm

Okay besides trying to dissuade me, do you know of any on line tutorials? I appreciate the advice but I would like to get the certification.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 21, 2010 at 11:14:22 pm

Sorry, I don't. I was just making sure that you knew what you wanted, and didn't have any expectations beyond reality. It might be fine for the Apple store. But people want to use it to get work as editors, and it doesn't help there at all.

Sorry that I don't know.

Shane

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jun 21, 2010 at 11:40:10 pm

All you need is the book. The exams for any certification for pro software is based totally on the info in the books - Apple Pro Training Series. Only some of the test can be taken without going to a class, in which you go through the book. FCP Level One is one of the test you can take without the class. While the value of certification can be debated, the value of the books cannot be. Everyone I have used is fantastic. Extremely well written, with enjoyable projects and you get a solid foundation in about 20-30 hours of work. Just the exams are about $150 if you want to do that. As long as you don't think it is going to open a bunch of doors for you it is not a waste of time or money, if it gives you a goal that in the end teaches you the software you want to use to is worth it. And I would say that for a job at an apple store it may help, not a slam dunk but I would think they would appreciate the effort you went through and that you have a good knowledge of the software, which is what they want vs. a post house, they want to see that you can edit and not just know how the software works.

http://www.peachpit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321635272

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Jun 22, 2010 at 1:45:58 am

fmctraining.com (Future Media Concepts) now offers a few classes online that are FCP related.

Larry Jordan also offers online webinars every Wednesday.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Jun 22, 2010 at 6:37:30 am

It is 2 different things to become an "Apple Certified Pro" and an "Apple Certified Trainer". Which of these do you want to become?

Anyone can become an Apple Certified Pro. To pass the test you need to study the Weinand book-you should know it backwards and forwards to pass easily. A hands on class will greatly help you pass the test. There are online tests at the Apple website.

Start here for info on that: http://www.apple.com/software/pro/training/enduser.html

If you want to become an Apple Certified Trainer, there are some constraints:

ACTs must demonstrate much more than product knowledge. An ACT is an individual who:
• Has at least one year of experience training students (preferably adult learners) in a structured classroom setting.
• Demonstrates deep understanding of effective training methods, adult learning processes, and classroom management techniques.
• Has exemplary presentation skills.
• Has extensive experience with Apple’s technologies and applications.
• Has a minimum of three years experience in the field as an editor, visual-effects artist, photographer, DVD author, or sound designer. Experience as a professor or teacher in these fields is also considered. (Pro Apps Only)

Start here: http://training.apple.com/#certification

To become a Pro Apps ACT, complete the following five steps:
1. Attend the Apple Training course for your chosen pro application.
2. Pass the end-user certification exam for your chosen pro application.
3. Complete an ACT application.
4. Demonstrate your ability to meet Apple’s ACT standards at a Train- the-Trainer (T3) session.
5. Pass the Trainer exam for your chosen pro application.

Even if you qualify and pass all the tests, that does not mean a thing without a place to teach. Usually, it is a good idea to secure a teaching spot in conjunction with completing your training, otherwise your certification will be of limited value.

Kevin Monahan
60 Blu-ray Templates for Final Cut Studio 2009
http://www.fcpworld.com
Author - Motion Graphics and Effects in Final Cut Pro

Scott Sheriff
on Jun 22, 2010 at 6:39:23 am

If you want to get a job in an Apple store forget the FCP cert, and just grow some dreds.

Scott Sheriff
Director
SST Digital Media
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

Return to posts index

Bill Walsh
on Jun 22, 2010 at 3:50:53 pm

Thanks guys for all your help and comments. I ordered the book. I have been working on FCP since 2. At this point I really don't know what I don't know, if that makes any sense. I hope that, in some way, explains my inquiry.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]