FORUMS: list search recent posts

Syncing Multiple Clips without using Multicam Function

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Isaac Brillant
Syncing Multiple Clips without using Multicam Function
on Jun 21, 2010 at 2:25:20 pm

Hi,

Instead of using the Multicam function in FCP, since it takes up a lot of memory, is there a way to stack each video clip for camera 1,2,and 3 on tracks v1, v2, and v3, and then link them so that they always stay in sync? Or if I cant link video tracks to eachother, can I link each video track to the same underlying audio track(s)?

Thanks
Isaac

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Syncing Multiple Clips without using Multicam Function
on Jun 21, 2010 at 3:32:41 pm

what do you mean link, if each clip is synced up at the beginning it will be synced up all the way through, unless there is a break in the recording, which would not stay in sync in multicam.

Are you having an issue with multicam, not sure what you mean by uses up a lot of memory? You need drives fast enough to pull all the streams.

Return to posts index

Isaac Brillant
on Jun 21, 2010 at 3:57:37 pm

Thanks for the reply...

I'm in a situation where the 3 cameras didnt always start and stop at the same time.

So I want to line up all the cameras on a timeline and get them in sync manually, and then click a button to sync them, so that now if choose to move a section of the clip on v1, the corresponding sections on clips on v2 and 3 will go with it.

thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 21, 2010 at 5:55:21 pm

Use PLURALEYES. It does this automatically... Seriously.

http://www.singularsoftware.com/pluraleyes.html

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Isaac Brillant
on Jul 2, 2010 at 1:54:25 am

Hi,

I just used pluraleyes on a new project. It was such a time saver. Thanks for the tip.
Question - I noticed that it creates an aiff file called "clipname".mov_synctemp.aiff for every clip.
Do I need to keep these or were they just created to do the syncing and I can get rid of them?

Thanks again

Return to posts index

Dan Schloss
on Jun 29, 2010 at 8:51:48 am

One issue I have run into with syncing several clip in both PluralEyes and FCP is having a tape A and tape B on Video lines 1, 2 and 3. Since tapes reset timecode to 00:00:00:00 when put in the camera if you do a tape change both multicam programs have issues reading the B tape because the time codes have reset. Bruce at Pluraleyes has been helping out trying to resolve this however I wonder if anyone has come up with a work around. I was going to look at my Z7U to see if I can manually set the timecode so it does not reset when a tape is removed.

Return to posts index

Isaac Brillant
on Jul 1, 2010 at 2:46:34 pm

Thanks guys. I wasnt able to use plural eyes, or maybe it was multiclip I couldn't use - because the 2 cameras used different codecs. But I'm going to try it next time.

If I understand it correctly, it just uses the audio waveform to sync up all the clips?
Do you know if you can put multiple clips / takes on the same timeline and it will sync A Cam's Take 1 with B Cam's Take 1, and A Cam's Take 2 with B-Cam's Take 2? Or can you only have 1 clip per track?

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]