FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to stripe only Audio to Beta

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ilana Lakofski
Unable to stripe only Audio to Beta
on Jun 21, 2010 at 9:56:50 am

Hi,

I have FCP working with a Black MAgic card which is connected to my Beta SP. It all works fine except for when I want to stripe the Audio back to tape. It will not allow me to do so. It will only work if the picture is selected as well. And this is not the optimal method for what I need to do. I have tried almost everything to get only the audio to stripe but to no avail, am I perhaps missing something?? Please help!!

Return to posts index

Lee Berger
Re: Unable to stripe only Audio to Beta
on Jun 21, 2010 at 2:45:58 pm

I would black the tape, then go back and do an audio insert edit. You can't stripe a tape with audio only. You have to record a video track, along the control (CTL) and timecode tracks. These are the foundation for proper playback later on, via the decks servo circuit that monitors the playback speed.

Lee Berger
http://www.leebergermedia.com

Return to posts index

massimo croce
on Jun 22, 2010 at 9:03:41 am

Black magic use sdi to convert the signal in analog and need video. use a slug as a video track to layback an audio track

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jun 22, 2010 at 9:28:29 am

Lee is right; you can not stripe the tape only with audio.
You have to lay video and TC too.
Most video cards have a Pattern Generator, where you can choose Black, bars, etc.
If you can not get the black from the card, use a black from FC.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Ilana Lakofski
on Jun 23, 2010 at 12:48:49 pm

Hey guys,

Thanks for the responses.

@Lee, actually there was original video and TC on the tape. All i wanted to do was to stripe new audio back to the tape without picture and new TC.

Turns out the problem was that the Black Magic Card was selecting 8 channels of audio instead of the two, so the Beta Deck was not putting the two channels of audio that I wanted back to tape. I have now set it to the Two channel option, and all is working great!!!

Maybe this might be of some use to someone else in the same predicament!

Return to posts index

tad newberry
on Dec 30, 2010 at 6:25:34 pm

hmmmm...yes, i've got pretty much the same set-up: BlackMagic card (Decklink HD Extreme 2) and a BetaSP deck (UVW 1800). I just tried an insert audio-only edit again (haven't tried it for quite awhile), and it never works. Even selecting only 2 channels only, i have to end up outputting everything from my in point to the end. Oh well...some day very soon the deck will be gone and it won't be an issue.

thanks for helping out a bonehead!

FCS3
2.66 GHz Quad-Core Mac Pro
6GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 120
...and a few TeraBytes o' storage
(then it's on to PetaBytes, ExaBytes and MosquitoBytes!)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]