FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Changes my In & Out

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason McKee
FCP Changes my In & Out
on Jun 17, 2010 at 5:46:36 pm

FCP keeps changing my in and out point to the head and tail of the master clip when I drag the clip into the timeline.
Here's what I am doing:
I have two sequences. I want to take one clip from one timeline and bring it into another. I have been going to sequence 1 and double clicking on the clip I want, which brings it up in the viewer with the same in and out points set. then I just drag that clip from the viewer down into timeline 2. at random it will change the clips in's and out's to the head of the clip. what the hell is going on? there's no effects or speed changes applied to these clips. I am on Final Cut Pro 7.0.2 and am using 1920x1080 ProRes 23.976 media. thanks in advance.
-jm

Return to posts index

Jason McKee
Re: FCP Changes my In & Out
on Jun 17, 2010 at 5:48:47 pm

"at random it will change the clips in's and out's to the head of the clip."

I meant to say it changes the clips in's and out's to the "HEAD" and "TAIL" of the clip. Thanks.
-jm

Return to posts index

Brian Miller
on Jun 17, 2010 at 5:54:07 pm

that sounds odd, i have experienced that with speed effects but not on a clip without an effect...

i'm trying to think of anything that it might not like - are you going from one frame rate to another?

Return to posts index

Jason McKee
on Jun 17, 2010 at 5:56:35 pm

No. everything's normal. nothing weird. and it looks like it's not changing the out to the tail but rather keeping the duration of the shot but just changing the in to the head. I've noticed weird things like this ever since we upgraded to the new final cut.

Return to posts index

Doug Beal
on Jun 17, 2010 at 7:04:14 pm

what happens if you drag your clip into the browser from the timeline, then drag that to the sequence you want to place it in? does that work?

If not double click to load clip into viewer, shift + i to goto inpoint. copy the timecode from this point and shift+o to take you to the outpoint. hit the "matchframe" button below the canvas window. press o in the viewer to mark an out then paste the timecode you copied into the timecode area in the viewer and mark your in. put that in your sequence. if that isn't working you've got something hinky with prefs or sequence settings

you really should be able to copy and paste clips from any sequence to any sequence and if the sequence setiings are the same framerate the numbers oight not to change

Doug Beal
Editor / Engineer
Rock Creative Images
Nashville TN

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 17, 2010 at 8:34:30 pm

Sounds like a prefect time to trash your prefs.

Return to posts index

Nick Unwin
on Mar 28, 2011 at 12:17:56 pm

I had this exact problem! its that your clip has one FPS and your timeline sequence has another! so make sure you match all your FPS and you shouldnt have a problem. Good luck, this drove me mental for months!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]