FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capturing footage from HVR1500a

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arnold Foote
Capturing footage from HVR1500a
on Jun 17, 2010 at 2:44:26 pm

Dear Friends,
I am trying to capture sd minidv footage from the HVR1500A deck into FCP7 via sd-sdi through a Kona 3 card. The computer controls the deck just fine. The footage pays out on the on board screen on the deck just fine. But the log and capture window is black. I have changes all sorts of setting.
Cant capture.

Please assist.

Thanks

jj.foote@mac.com

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Capturing footage from HVR1500a
on Jun 17, 2010 at 2:45:49 pm

Sounds like you have setting wrong possibly in the Kona's control panel. Check that it's set up right.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Richard Martz
Re: Capturing footage from HVR1500a
on Jun 17, 2010 at 3:01:30 pm

On that machine I think you have to use RS-422 to control the deck. NOT Firewire - if you are going to capture through the KONA3 card. Are you trying to capture HD-SDI or are you trying to capture using component? The capture preset in FCP must also be compatible with the connection that you are using with the Kona Card. But you probably have checked all that by now.

FCP 7
MAC 8 core
BlackMagic Studio Pro
After Effects
PhotoShop
Illustrator
Lots of other Fun Stuff!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]