FORUMS: list search recent posts

capture save question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Davidson
capture save question
on Jun 16, 2010 at 3:59:01 pm

After a hard drive crash I have reloaded Final Cut Studio 2 and am now having a capture problem in Final Cut. When I try to capture everything looks fine and at the end of the capture of the clip it says "successful capture", however it also says "zero clips saved" and the clip is not saved. I suspect I have some setting that I have overlooked but I just can't figure it out. Suggestions?

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: capture save question
on Jun 16, 2010 at 5:16:19 pm

It's likely more than that... there are no settings that would cause this behavior in FCP.

When you "reloaded" FCP, you created a new startup disk as your original died or?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Jeff Davidson
on Jun 16, 2010 at 6:39:27 pm

I'm sorry I wasn't as clear as I needed to be. The hard drive was replaced and then I re installed final cut using the original disks. then any updates were downloaded.

Return to posts index

Jeff Davidson
on Jun 16, 2010 at 7:06:01 pm

Let me add one more piece of info. Just tried a capture now and got "ERROR. Final Cut Pro was unable to read the movie file just captured." hope that helps.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Jun 16, 2010 at 9:25:19 pm

What is the source material and what are your capture presets in FCP set to be?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Jeff Davidson
on Jun 16, 2010 at 9:33:06 pm

Source is a Sony SX DNW-A75. Capture preset is Blackmagic Decklink NTSC SDI to DV.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Jun 17, 2010 at 2:10:41 pm

AH, now we're getting places. I suspect the SX footage is causing the crankyness... Try ProRes instead. It can contain SD as well as HD. Better video in the end too...

Jerry

Return to posts index

Jeff Davidson
on Jun 17, 2010 at 3:54:41 pm

Now when I try to log and capture I get "unable to initialize hd device. make sure deck is connected and try again."

Here are my current settings

Sequence preset: Apple ProRes 422 NTC 48KHZ
Capture Preset: HDV-Apple ProRes 422
Device Control Preset: Blackmagic Decklink NTSC- RS422
Viceo Playback: Blackmagic NTSC-*Bt (720x486
Audio Playback: Built In Audio

Return to posts index

Jeff Davidson
on Jun 17, 2010 at 4:10:01 pm

I changed the capture/input to DV50 NTSC 40KHZ and I am getting video but no audio.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Jun 17, 2010 at 6:38:02 pm

SX... very weird format and not very common either. first of the GOP structured media as I recall.

This wouldn't be a betacam SP tape? If so got a regular digibeta or SP machine to try? What is the actual recorded format on the tape itself?

I'd still try going in ProRes. Better in anybody's book for sure.

Jerry

Return to posts index

Jeff Davidson
on Jun 17, 2010 at 7:48:53 pm

I had a friend come over to take a look. After nosing around through settings and such we discovered that the decklink was a version for Final Cut 3. Apparently any updates to the software had been lost with the drive crash. We updated the decklink software and everything is working fine. Probably something I should have caught earlier. Thanks for the tips on the ProRes. I will stick with that.

I do appreciate all of your help. It is very nice that you would take the time to assist me and I am certainly grateful.

JeffD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]