FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transferring clip names + Counting number of clips in a bin

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kjetil Fodnes
Transferring clip names + Counting number of clips in a bin
on Jun 15, 2010 at 5:47:38 pm

Hello everyone

I am working on recovering a large project that had all its source material vanish all of a sudden.
All files have been re-converted and brought back from a backup, but their names no longer correspond to the old ones. Does anyone now of a quick way to rename the new files after the old ones, based on the files identical timecode and reel-number? I have the names from the old project file, where everything has a nice red line through it.

Also, this might be a dumb question, but I cant find a quick way of getting a count of the number of clips in a bin in FCP. This project is pretty huge so manually counting is something I would like to avoid. This would be helpful in order to ensure that we have the same number of files in the new project as we did in the old one.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Transferring clip names + Counting number of clips in a bin
on Jun 15, 2010 at 6:36:50 pm

What tapeless format did you shoot? Because if you used LOG AND TRANSFER to bring the footage in the first time, all you needed to do was highlight the clips, and do BATCH CAPTURE and FCP would have reimported them, with the naming, and reconnected to the media in the project and cut. Re-importing separately? With different names? Reconnecting won't be fun. Not sure how to do that.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Kjetil Fodnes
on Jun 16, 2010 at 9:07:04 am

The material was captured with Canon 5D, so the original files are h264 .mov + THM-files.
They were converted to prores and renamed using Canons Log and Transfer-plugin, so yeah the prores files have different names compared to the original h264`s.

So there`s no way of making FCP ignore name and just look at timecode and reel?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 16, 2010 at 2:04:15 pm

[Kjetil Fodnes] "They were converted to prores and renamed using Canons Log and Transfer-plugin"

Then just highlight the offline media, and hit BATCH CAPTURE. It will re-log and transfer them with the proper name and reconnect them to your project.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Kjetil Fodnes
on Jun 16, 2010 at 3:15:04 pm

Wow, I thought that was only for material captured from tape. Well you just saved me from doing a lot of unnecessary work, thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 15, 2010 at 7:37:50 pm

[Kjetil Fodnes] "Does anyone now of a quick way to rename the new files after the old ones, based on the files identical timecode and reel-number?"

How was the footage captured the first time?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]