FORUMS: list search recent posts

A basic Question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sascha Engel
A basic Question
on Jun 14, 2010 at 8:03:35 pm

I know, this might be unworthy question of somebody working since years with FCP. But I just never figured it out:
If I want to just change the length of either the audio or video part of a clip, I always lock the track I do not want to influence, adjust the other one, then unlock again, or Select Video & Audio, de-link it, adjust and re-link.
Is there any key to hold down, or any other shorter way to do this?

Thanx.

Sascha

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: A basic Question
on Jun 14, 2010 at 8:05:14 pm

Either unlink the clips, so that the video and audio are separate, or turn off the LINKED SELECTION option...button on the upper right of the timeline. The middle option, looks like a chain link.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Jun 14, 2010 at 8:12:28 pm

Thanx! Missed the Shift + L shortcut! Good One!

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
John Fishback
on Jun 14, 2010 at 8:25:28 pm

I like to keep my audio & video linked whenever possible to avoid inadvertent un-syncing. Even so, if you want to change the length of either, you can hold down the Option key and click and drag either the audio or video track of the linked clip.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jun 14, 2010 at 9:00:35 pm

Dditto. Leave linked on at ALL times. Never lock tracks and use option to lengthen or shorten audio or video only.

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Jun 14, 2010 at 11:34:15 pm

Thanx John, that was what I was looking for!

sascha

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]