FORUMS: list search recent posts

adding 480i29.97 footage into a 720p24 project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Natteau
adding 480i29.97 footage into a 720p24 project
on Jun 13, 2010 at 5:23:00 pm

I am working on a history doc-film for a client where 95% of the footage was shot recently with an HVX200 at 720np24 but we need to incorporate a few old interview clips that were shot a long time ago with a Sony VX2000 at 480i29.97.

What is the correct procedure for adding 480i29.97 footage to a 23.98 FCP project?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: adding 480i29.97 footage into a 720p24 project
on Jun 13, 2010 at 5:45:55 pm

Send your footage out to be professionally converted via Teranex. If this is not in your budget, use Compressor. Use settings that match your editing frame rate, frame size and codec. Be sure to turn on the Frame Controls. Set the resize, deinterlace and rate conversion to Better or Best. No capture cards can do this type of conversion...all can do upconversion but none can change frame rate.

You can try just dropping in the timeline and rendering, but it will most likely look like garbage. With some historical footage you might be able to get away with it...so I won\\\'t completely dismiss that option, but I certainly would not recommend it, as FCP does a poor job of it unlike the current version of Avid...which does conversions in the timeline beautifully.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]