FORUMS: list search recent posts

No Audio in Viewer Playback?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Euan Preston
No Audio in Viewer Playback?
on Jun 13, 2010 at 12:20:21 pm

Hi,

I'm in the middle of a project (FCP 7). All of a sudden, anything I load into the viewer has no audio - correction, it has no audio when I play it forwards. When I play a clip backwards I can hear it. The audio meters are showing that audio is there.

When I edit the clip into the timeline, still no audio. The audio for clips I edited in earlier is still present and audible.

I've gone through the process of trashing the prefs which did nothing.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Euan Preston
Addendum....
on Jun 13, 2010 at 12:45:41 pm

A few moments after making the above post, audio spontaneously returned. I edited an audio clip into my timeline and everything returned to normal.

However, a few edits later and it's done it again - no audio in the viewer and no audio when I edit a new clip into the timeline. Strikes me it must be a bug. Anyone have any experience with this?

Ta.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Addendum....
on Jun 13, 2010 at 1:37:37 pm

Have you trashed prefs & repaired permissions?

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Euan Preston
on Jun 13, 2010 at 1:42:57 pm

Hi John,

Thanks for that. I've trashed the prefs, but how does one go about repairing permissions?

Euan

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Jun 13, 2010 at 2:15:59 pm

Use the Disk Urility to repair permissions.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jun 13, 2010 at 5:16:11 pm

In Applications go to the Utility Folder. In there find Disk Utility. Start it and when the app opens, select your system drive and click Repair. There's no point in doing a verify first as if you need repair you'll have to click Repair anyway. That's it. Here's some info from Apple re Repair Permissions.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Euan Preston
on Jun 13, 2010 at 5:29:02 pm

Thanks guys. Repairing permissions yielded no joy, however the problem was solved when I selected all clips on my timeline, hit ctrl+c, created a new timeline, hit ctrl+v and deleted the original timeline. Obviously something wasn't right with the sequence itself.

Thanks again!

Euan

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jun 13, 2010 at 7:30:50 pm

I'm glad you figured it out. While I don't know if this would have helped, its a great FCS Maintenance Utility. Also checkout their Preference Manager. Also, Disk Warrior will keep your directories healthy. I run it once a month as preventive maintenance.

John

Return to posts index

Edward Phillips
Re: No Audio in Viewer Playback?
on Mar 22, 2011 at 4:17:16 pm

I know this is an older thread but in case any still has this issue. I could play audio fro the timeline, play backwards in viewer but not forward like the OP. I went to my sequence settings, clicked Audio Output Tab, and did nothing but hit okay. A warning came up saying the current audio device does not support the # of outputs. I clicked "Downmix all outputs to Stereo" and clicked okay. Everything works fine now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]