FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiclip Audio Sync Problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Lanford
Multiclip Audio Sync Problem
on Jun 12, 2010 at 11:18:56 pm

I am currently syncing three cameras and a .wav file using multiclip. I set the "in" point on everything to the slate or slate sound and set "in points" as my sync method in the multiclip dialog box.

The three cameras sync up perfectly, but the .wav audio resets the "in" point to the middle of the take and is thus out of sync with the footage. It's not just a few frames off, but a good 30-40 seconds.

I have tried to sync multiple takes, and the audio always is off, even though I triple check to make sure the "in" point is at the slate. Whenever I go back and look at the original .wav file in viewer, the in point is set correctly, but without fail, it is off in the multiclip viewer window.

One other note, the .wav audio and the footage audio is all 48.0 KHz, so that's not the problem.

Anybody have this problem before, or know an easy way to fix it?

I am using FCP version 6.

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Thomas Morter-Laing
Re: Multiclip Audio Sync Problem
on Jun 13, 2010 at 6:56:56 am

I know it's a bore, but a way to get round this I've found (because you only are using one audion track?) is by making the multiclip out of the video track and unlinking it from the audio- then you can drag the multiclip ontothe timeline and sync it with a cut or marker you put in on the audio (ie, the clapper). I knowits a pain, I think final cut just has these litte nigglys from time to time- I do seem to remember that kind of thing happens less inFCP7 though...

There was also a previous thread mentioning a programme called "pluraleyes", which auto syncs audio for you- so that may make life faster?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]