FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP crushing on EX1 Footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sascha Engel
FCP crushing on EX1 Footage
on Jun 12, 2010 at 8:06:43 am

Hi,

i am still editing the small feature in FCP 6.0.5. - the material is from the SONY EX1.
This Offline editing I do on a MacBook Pro - it's a beefy machine and I never had any FCP issues with it, even when I edited 2K Red footage. Since a couple of days something must have happened. FCP is crushing 3-4 times a day - and then even my data for the customized screen settings are lost.
Any idea what that could be?
It's very annoying, specially if it happens just before you pressed save again :-(

Could it be something with wrong extension connected to FCP files?

Thanx a lot for help!

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: FCP crushing on EX1 Footage
on Jun 12, 2010 at 2:48:43 pm

Crashing FCP can come from many sources, and isn't necessarily easy to fix.

You can save custom window arrangements, and recall them BTW... It's in the Window/Arrange menu. (at least you can save that).

Is it crashing when you do the same sort of move or work with the same clip? Is there some sort of pattern going on and most importantly, do you get an error message of some kind?

What are your sequence settings and do they match the clip's properties?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
Re: FCP crushing on EX1 Footage
on Jun 12, 2010 at 5:02:12 pm

Hi Jerry,

thanx a lot for the quick reply.

1.) I lose theCustom Window Arrangment then, even if they are saved (under the Window Menu, with Alt + save under "Custom Window Layout". Even then, after the crushing sometimes the save Arrangment is gone.

2.) Yes, there is the message of FCP crushed, if you want to report or ignore this incident.

3.) No, it does not seem to have really a specific pattern, or happen always at the same point.

4.) The Sequence Settings match the clip properties. !!!Just one thing: When I copy pasted clips, between timelines, I got a weird message box, I never saw before (just in this particular project).
I attached a Screen Shot of it to this message.

Thanx a lot!

Greetings, Sascha

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]