FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting 5d footage from FInal Cut Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexander Seiler
Exporting 5d footage from FInal Cut Pro
on Jun 12, 2010 at 5:55:04 am

Hello!

I am editing Canon 5D footage in FCP. It tells me the footage is 1920x1080 30fps. What is the highest quality way to export this to an HD quicktime movie? When I try to use the HD export settings in FCP, the image is getting stretched horizontally. Please help! Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Exporting 5d footage from FInal Cut Pro
on Jun 12, 2010 at 2:57:19 pm

What are the sequence settings?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Alexander Seiler
on Jun 12, 2010 at 7:12:49 pm

Hey Jerry Thanks for responding.

I beleive it is 1920x1080 30fps. dv ntsc 48khz. compressor h.264.

does this make sense?

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Jun 14, 2010 at 5:44:50 pm

Sense? No. they are recorde h.264. If you didn't transcode them to say ProRes you're asking for problems down the line... they need to be that same frame rate and frame size, but the compression codec should be ProRes. Your camera can't record anything but h.264 files. If you search this forum on DSLR to ProRes you'll find all you need to know about the transcoding process that should be done before you edit.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]