FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable To Export In Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Bosak
Unable To Export In Final Cut Pro
on Jun 11, 2010 at 3:04:49 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm having issues with my version of Final Cut Pro 7.0.2. I am trying to export a file to quicktime but whenever I try to export the bar gets to about 7% while the box reads "about 3 minutes remaining" and then the program stops responding. Once or twice I have tried to export just a small part at a time and before the export finishes the box will disappear and I get a general error.

To make matters worse occasionally when watching the video in the time line the video in the canvas will jump, show digital noise, and even drop frames. If this happens enough times in a row, the program will crash.

I've dumped my preferences and rebooted several times but neither helps. Should I reinstall final cut? Is this a problem with quicktime? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Unable To Export In Final Cut Pro
on Jun 11, 2010 at 3:25:54 pm

What are the sequence settings?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Christopher Bosak
on Jun 11, 2010 at 4:37:17 pm

Frame Size: 720x480 NTSC DV (3:2)
Pixel Aspect Ratio: NTSC CCIR 601/DV (720x480)
Field Dominance: None
Editing Timebase 29.97

QuickTime Video Settings
Compressor: DV/DVCPRO-NTSC
Quality 100%

Audio Settings
Rate 48kHz
Depth: 16-bit
Config: Channel Grouped

Render in 8-bit YUV

Process Maximum White as: Super-White
Motion Filtering Quality: Normal

Let me know if you need more info.

-Chris

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Jun 11, 2010 at 6:55:36 pm

Is all of the source footage DV NTSC?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Christopher Bosak
on Jun 11, 2010 at 7:31:01 pm

No, it's a big mix actually. Some of the clips are DV NTSC, some are HDV, some are TIFF images.

-Chris

Return to posts index

Christopher Bosak
on Jun 11, 2010 at 7:45:57 pm

No, it's a big mix actually. Some of the footage is NTSC DV, some is HDV, some is TIFF images.

-Chris

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Jun 11, 2010 at 11:03:42 pm

Ah!

Be sure to render the non DV source material. If you have and it still persists, try exporting an unrendered version of the sequence as a self contained QT movie. If that fails, try one of the HDV clips in compressor and do a conversion to DV that way. I'll bet the problem is in the HDV material dollars to doughnuts...

It's all the same frame rate? all at 29.97?

Jerry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]