FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edit Bay To Edit Bay Mobile Drive Recommendation

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Fanjoy
Edit Bay To Edit Bay Mobile Drive Recommendation
on Jun 11, 2010 at 10:49:01 am

I offline my projects at home on FC directly to a WD My Book Studio Edition II striped drive, then transport that drive to my edit bay running the same FC version. With minor easy-fix details, it is virtually a seamless plug and play routine. Works fantastic.

My problem is, some of my projects do start to grow a bit more complex than Jr. is able to handle consistently (a few crashes here and there, and noticeable speed performance drags).

Is there a slightly beefier striped external drive someone might recommend that I could upgrade to and continue this same routine?

By the way, I know these drives are not meant for this type of mobile routine, but all data is safely cloned on my RAID 5 Tower. I've already had a carry-along WD drive crash. I just get another one and keep moving. The convenience way out ways the small risk.

Thanks in advance.
Mark Fanjoy

Wherever I am...I'm lost!

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
Re: Edit Bay To Edit Bay Mobile Drive Recommendation
on Jun 11, 2010 at 11:34:00 am

CalDigit VR, G-Tech G-RAID

Return to posts index

Ernie Santella
on Jun 11, 2010 at 12:33:12 pm

I run eSata drives which are very fast (much faster than FW800) Two large 5-drive Raids at home and a small, portable 2-drive eSata Raid with my laptop for location editing. Has been working great for me. Also running 'Softraid.com' software. The eSata drives are cheap and work great for HD work.

Return to posts index

Mark Fanjoy
on Jun 11, 2010 at 12:45:37 pm

I'll look it up. Thanks!

Fanjoy

Wherever I am...I'm lost!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]