FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't Capture 1080i 24p in FCP 6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Bennett
Can't Capture 1080i 24p in FCP 6
on Jun 11, 2010 at 5:00:41 am

We've done a small project and shot on a Sony camera in 1080i 24p. However, we didn't realize that our decks were not set up to capture in 24p. So, we have tried to use another camera to capture footage. The reason is because the Sony isn't ours, so we're using a Canon XH-G1 that does film in 1080i 24p. The problem is that when we go to capture the footage, it will let us view it on the computer and we can control the camera through the computer, but we can't capture any footage. What's wrong? Settings? Do we need to use the exact same camera we filmed on?

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Can't Capture 1080i 24p in FCP 6
on Jun 11, 2010 at 3:44:47 pm

Using the same camera would likely help for sure...

This is HDV, right? Might try using the "basic" HDV control settings with the canon. The sony camera uses a different one.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

joel paez
Re: Can't Capture 1080i 24p in FCP 6
on Nov 15, 2010 at 4:33:03 pm

I have a Sony Z7U and recorded a project in HDV 1080i 24p I can not digitize in my final cut 6.0.6 I would like to know the correct seting in order to digitize this material directly from the Sony Z7U

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]