FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jumpy Video???

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
trevor ambrose
Jumpy Video???
on Jun 10, 2010 at 10:15:17 pm

Hey Guys,

Here's my deal. I just got a new Mac Pro Tower with Dell 24" ultra sharp monitors. I've test it by running FCP files from former projects. The video appears to be every so slightly and intermittently jumpy. Like it misses a frame or two or perhaps speeds up momentarily. It especially happens when people move a bit quickly or the camera pans or moves.

Any ideas???

Thanks dudes,
Trev.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Jumpy Video???
on Jun 10, 2010 at 11:37:10 pm

[trevor ambrose] "Any ideas???"

Any relevant info like codec you are playing, OS, FCS version, drives you are playing off, RT settings, do sequence & easy setups match files, rendering bars?/???

Return to posts index

trevor ambrose
on Jun 11, 2010 at 4:25:31 pm

Nice brain storming Michael. Gives me lots of ideas to try.
Thanks,
Trevor Ambrose

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 11, 2010 at 3:07:46 pm

Since the footage is from a former project, you know it's okay. You know FCP could handle it.

It sounds like you ought to be looking at what your card is sending to the monitors, and how the monitors are displaying the signal.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

trevor ambrose
on Jun 11, 2010 at 4:29:35 pm

Hi Dave,
I'm coming out of the DVI ports which I believe should be stable. I'm going to try other ways to connect to the monitors to see if it is in fact the DVI card.
Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.
Trevor Ambrose

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jun 11, 2010 at 7:42:42 pm

Are you monitoring on an external broadcast monitor? If so, which one and what I/O card or device are you using?

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]