FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dropped Frames During Playback

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Jennings
Dropped Frames During Playback
on Jun 10, 2010 at 3:59:57 pm

Hello,
Dropped fames during playback, says need to try a list of things. Top of the list...turning off unlimited RT (mine is set to safe already, don't understand that), then it suggests changing my compression rate...which I am not quite sure how to do???

Can anybody help?
thanks

Joe
2.26 Ghz mac pro 8 core, 12GB RAM
also... using newest version of FCP studio

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Dropped Frames During Playback
on Jun 10, 2010 at 4:20:03 pm

This is typically related to hard drive throughput issues.

What video codec are you editing and what is your media drive configuration?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

EPK Colorist - UP IN THE AIR - nominated for six academy awards

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Joe Jennings
on Jun 10, 2010 at 5:24:36 pm

I will apologize in advance as my response will be elementary.
I am not sure what video codecs are? If that is what I shot...it's Canon xl h1s @ 24p.(1440X1080) I shot to HD mini DV.
Not sure what my drive configurations are either. Just upgraded to 2X2.26 mac pro 8 core with 12GB RAM. My HD is only 640GB with probably 400GB available.
Also just changed over to the most recent version to Final Cut Studio from version 5.1 FCP.
I was not having any issues within the older version and was editing on Mac book pro with external HD 1TB in size.

If you would't mind going back to the very basics with me, it would be greatly appreciated.
I am only just getting back to editing. I learned on final cut 3 back around 2002 and besides so much change in tech. my memory is shot. I never did that much editing anyway.

thanks
joe

Return to posts index

C David Miller
on Jun 16, 2010 at 4:20:13 am

I kept getting the drop frame message and it all turn out to be the FCP Viewer. Click Fit to Window and see if it goes away. For me I felt silly, not trying that first.

C. David Miller

Comcast Network Television

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]