FORUMS: list search recent posts

exported video file glitch

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kyle morgan
exported video file glitch
on Jun 10, 2010 at 12:36:41 am

I was recently working on a video in final cut and had a couple simple non-video elements in the timeline in addition to the video. a freeze frame, png file, slug, and a couple text files. everything looked swimmingly in the canvas when i played it back so, i decided to export it. i used the default settings on the quicktime file export setting.
when i played the video file back in quicktime, there were major image glitches on the specific sections with those non-video elements. the glitches would also throw the audio out of sync.

i tried encoding the video over again in a h.264 codec in adobe media encoder and that didn't fix anything.

this is the first time this has happened but certainly not the first time i have tried to use the same elements in a video.

any expert advice on things to try would be greatly appreciated.
thanks!
kyle.m

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: exported video file glitch
on Jun 11, 2010 at 10:27:44 pm

Try to describe the glitches. Can you post an example? How big are the graphics you inserted? What do you mean by text files? Be careful not to leave blank spaces in your timeline. Fill them with slugs, especially between clips with sync sound. What version FCP are you using? Describe your computer including your drives. All of that info helps folks help you.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]