FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export IMX50 file from FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kim Rowley
Export IMX50 file from FCP
on Jun 9, 2010 at 8:22:32 am

Is there any way to output a sequence with multiple channels into a file containing a mixdown of the sequence audio? An analogy would be offloading to tape with the "mixdown" button in the FCP audio mixer activated. All channels of the sequence can be outputted as a dual mono output. I want to obtain the same thing while outputting in file format. I have been trying put seem to always be getting 4 channels on the file even if some of them are empty. I am concerned about taking up space needlesly on my hard drives. Hope I've been clear. It always sounds more complicated in writing.
Thanks.

Dual 3 GHz Dual Core Intel, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon X1900, Xserve RAID, AJA IO, 2 20" Cinema Display, FCP Studio 2 (6.0.6), OS X10.4.11

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: Export IMX50 file from FCP
on Jun 9, 2010 at 8:46:12 am

Hey Kim
Your exports will contain as many channels of audio as it there are audio outputs defined in the Sequence Settings > Audio Outputs tab ... so if you are looking for 2 channel exports then you need to set your Audio Outputs to 2.
Hope it helps
Andy

Return to posts index

Kim Rowley
Re: Export IMX50 file from FCP
on Jun 9, 2010 at 9:16:08 am

I just tried and that did it. Thanks a million Andy! Have a good day.
Long live the Cow :)

Dual 3 GHz Dual Core Intel, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon X1900, Xserve RAID, AJA IO, 2 20" Cinema Display, FCP Studio 2 (6.0.6), OS X10.4.11

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]