FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange behavior in FCP 7 Multicam project: Viewer window dissapears when loading clips from the browser and erroneous "Out of Memory" errors.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Hunt
Strange behavior in FCP 7 Multicam project: Viewer window dissapears when loading clips from the browser and erroneous "Out of Memory" errors.
on Jun 7, 2010 at 5:18:52 pm

I'm cutting a six episode series shot with four cameras synced using Multicam. I have ten tracks of audio. At the end of the first week I am suddenly finding that when I click on a clip in the Browser to load it into the viewer to edit. The viewer window disappears. Then when I attempt to load it again I get an "Error: Out of Memory" message. I also notice that every day my render files increase at a huge rate. After a week the FCP documents folder is sitting at 344GB and that is all largely from the Render files folder.

As far as how the project is set up: I'm cutting on an 2.26 Ghz, 8 Core Mac Pro with 16GB RAM on FCP7, with Leopard v 10.5.8 and QT v 7.6.6

Content-wise there's just under 3TB of source footage in a 4TB CalDigit VR set to Raid 0. Connected via FW800 into a PCIexpress FW Card as I'm monitoring through an AJA IO HD box that takes the FW800 main bus slot on the tower.

Can't think of anything else that may be helpful to trouble shoot this. Would sure appreciate if anyone had any thoughts as to how to fix this? I've had to send the client away today to work on this as FCP is completely inoperable now. Even when I open previously working projects.

It seems a software or corrupt file issue to me and not a hardware problem but other than that I'm lost and not sure where to begin to trouble shoot this seemingly mysterious issue.

Anyone had similar experiences?

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Hunt
Writer/Director
New York
http://www.andrewhunt.me

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]