FORUMS: list search recent posts

copying project with all media files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Damon Holland
copying project with all media files
on Jun 7, 2010 at 2:32:34 pm

I am trying to copy my FCP project wih all media files using media manager from one external hard drive to another. One is connected via my firewire port, the other a usb port. I believe that I set up everything correctly with media manager, but I keep getting an error code of 12 on each individual file it tries to copy.

I have looked around for what error code 12 means, but so far the only thing that i have found was that the characters in the file name are too long. This doesn't make sense as some files names are 5 characters long.

Has anyone had this difficulty in the past and figure out what is going on? I am stuck.

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: copying project with all media files
on Jun 7, 2010 at 3:03:34 pm

How is the drive you are trying to copy the project onto formatted.

Hindsight is always 1080p

Return to posts index

Damon Holland
on Jun 7, 2010 at 3:19:08 pm

Not sure. It is a Western Digital My Book Studio (designed specifically for macs).

It is a plug and play and I don't think it asked me anything specific about formatting.

(is there a way that i can check how it is formatted?)

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Jun 7, 2010 at 3:23:49 pm

Select the drive on the desktop and press Cmd-I. Get info will tell you how each drive is formatted. Which drive are you copying from and which drive are you copying to?

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Damon Holland
on Jun 7, 2010 at 3:30:48 pm

I will check out how it is formatted when I get home, thanks for that tip.

As far as the copying. I am copying it from the My Book Studio on a firewire connection to a My Book Elite on a USB connection.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]