FORUMS: list search recent posts

multicam

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
salah Elfalahi
multicam
on Jun 7, 2010 at 11:34:28 am

Hi All
I have multicam edited on time line, my question is, how to add one effect to all clips of one camera in one single step instead of tens of times adding the effect to all clips of one camera on timeline.
using FCP 7 (snow leopard).
Thanks

Salah

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: multicam
on Jun 7, 2010 at 2:06:19 pm

You don't.

You can add it to one clip, then highlight the clip, hit COPY, then highlight all the clips you want to put this on, then hit OPT-V, or PASTE ATTRIBUTES, and select filters.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Christopher Targia
on Jun 7, 2010 at 4:04:49 pm

Exactly what he said, only what I like to do is put each different camera angle in a different video track, then you only have to use the select track tool (press t three times) and select the whole track, then press option V for the pasting of whatever you need, also remember after this, if you change one of your filters, then want to change it on the rest of the clips, make sure you do remove attributes and remove filters, basic motion/crop/etc. will change when you paste attributes, but filters will stack! So you could end up with extra filters and unwanted consequences, hope this helps!

MacPro Octo Core Intel Xenon 2.8Ghz 6GB 800MHz DDR2 Ram
FCP 7.0

Return to posts index

andy lewis
on Jun 7, 2010 at 5:35:12 pm

If you imported the cameras with distinct names you can use find.

Press command-f in the timeline, input the name of the camera and press select all.
Then you can option-v or drag settings into all clips from that camera.

I think I got this tip from these very forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]