FORUMS: list search recent posts

Operation Not Allowed screen When attempting to delete clips from timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Sanders
Operation Not Allowed screen When attempting to delete clips from timeline
on Jun 6, 2010 at 5:36:39 pm

HELP...facing down deadline with this sudden strange problem...

Wow,

Very odd, it's the first time that I have encountered this on a system that I have put 1000's of hours of FCP time on. Now, this is using FCP 5.0.2 on G5 dual 2.3, non intel chipped.

No matter whether I select a clip, text, audio file, etc., and try to delete it, regardless of which sequence the media is placed in, the Operation not allowed screen appears.

It acts as though the project is locked.

I have restarted several times and trashed preferences, still no change.

Any ideas or help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,

Bret

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Operation Not Allowed screen When attempting to delete clips from timeline
on Jun 6, 2010 at 8:02:05 pm

Does the Finder work properly? If you have Disk Warrior run it. It's the first thing I do (after trashing prefs & repairing permissions)when anything on the Mac starts behaving strangely.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Bret Sanders
on Jun 6, 2010 at 8:19:23 pm

Thanks John,

Yes, Finder seems to work fine. Also did verify and repair permissions.

I have opened previous projects and can delete from timeline fine. Is there a chance that I unwittingly changed a setting and have been able to track it down within this project?

Is Disc Warrior readily available? I have never tried it.

Thanks Again,

Bret

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jun 6, 2010 at 8:52:52 pm

You can find Disk Warrior here. But, if other projects work and this one doesn',your project may be corrupt. Have you tried any of the autosaved versions of the project? Or, try opening a new project and copying the edit from your current timeline to a new timeline. Also, you can try Digital Rebellion's FCS Maintenance Pack. It has a Corrupt File finder, Project Repairer and other handy programs. And, a 15-day trial.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jun 6, 2010 at 8:54:34 pm

Just to avoid missing the obvious, you don't have your tracks locked? There would me diagonal lines through each track if locked.

John

Return to posts index

Bret Sanders
on Jun 6, 2010 at 10:20:59 pm

Hi John,

No tracks locked. Yeah, it was the first thing I checked in this frantic race against time.

Thanks<

Bret

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]