FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edit Left/Right Audio Channel

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Smith
Edit Left/Right Audio Channel
on Jun 5, 2010 at 1:21:24 am

I recently recorded some interviews where one audio channel was the onboard camera mic, and the other was an external mic. What I want is the ability to edit these channels separately in FCP.

In Adobe Premiere there is a very easy way to do this. They have a fill left/right filter which will take the audio from one side and pump it through both channels.

I'm looking for something comparable in FCP but haven't seen anything. I think I found out how to do this with footage captured in FCP, by changing the clip settings in log and capture; unfortunately, I was not able to capture this footage in FCP and had to capture this footage in sony vegas. So that is not an option for me. Any help or advice on this issue?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Edit Left/Right Audio Channel
on Jun 5, 2010 at 1:46:09 am

You first say you want to edit them separately, but then you say you want to combine one into the other. Which is it? If they are separate channels, then you can edit each separately. The Camera Mic is on one, the external mic on the other. make sure they aren't linked (OPT-L) as a stereo pair...boom.

Want to MIX them? Make them both MONO, center panned. 0

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Brandon Smith
Re: Edit Left/Right Audio Channel
on Jun 6, 2010 at 2:00:05 am

The opt+L was what I was looking for. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]