FORUMS: list search recent posts

hello please someone assist me

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edson Elorreaga
hello please someone assist me
on Jun 4, 2010 at 6:34:01 pm

ive juss bought a 27'in mac pro n also bought FCP wich includes compressor motion and dvd studio pro ,etc. now my problem is that when i want to EXport my project to COMPRESSOR the option is not there and also when i open FCP the next day,and take my project from my hard drive the project is like "locked" is not able to be clicked on i dont know whats going dont know what to press im confused i did went to school for filmaking but this never happen at school im imagining is because the school's computers are well set up but this i dont know whats going on i did not installed the programs the people at apple store did it for me! please can someone tell me how to work this out or what to do!
thank you very much!

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: hello please someone assist me
on Jun 4, 2010 at 6:46:58 pm

You can't even select the project file?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Edson Elorreaga
on Jun 4, 2010 at 6:54:12 pm

no i cant i have to open my G-Drive and selected (double click) and ill open on final cut pro ,but when i open FCP first n i want to import a file from my G-Drive is not clickable..

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jun 4, 2010 at 7:06:29 pm

This is an issue with Sharing and Permissions. The people at Apple Store should help with that as they did something improperly or left it undone by neglect.

You can just go into Apple>>System Preferences>>Sharing and try to figure it out yourself, but don't just start pushing buttons randomly or you will likely be in a worse bind.

Plus, always keep in mind, Apple Help is available to you from any app or module.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

EPK Colorist - UP IN THE AIR - nominated for six academy awards

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Edson Elorreaga
on Jun 4, 2010 at 7:20:27 pm

thank you very much for your assistance David and jerry i will follow those steps and probably have apple do something for me!

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jun 4, 2010 at 8:20:25 pm

[Edson Elorreaga] "but when i open FCP first n i want to import a file from my G-Drive is not clickable.."
You do notIMPORTa project file, you OPEN it. I think you are just trying the wrong thing here.

Return to posts index

Edson Elorreaga
on Jun 4, 2010 at 7:02:58 pm

no i cant i have to open my G-Drive and selected (double click) and ill open on final cut pro ,but when i open FCP first n i want to import a file from my G-Drive is not clickable..

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Jun 4, 2010 at 9:16:52 pm

If you can't double click a project file to open it, you can't change the permissions to do so. Just click on it, then type cmd+i and change the permissions to read and write. Sounds like the whole drive needs to be changed. Just select it then type cmd+i and change those too.

It's at the bottom of the window.

You are supposed to "open" it not import it too.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jun 5, 2010 at 4:50:39 pm

What's a 27" Mac Pro?

Are you highlighting your timeline to export?

Or what steps are you taking?

If the project file is ‘locked’ that sounds like a permissions issue. First repair permissions using disk utility in utilities folder in applications folder.

Then right click on project file and choose Get Info. Click on lock icon in get info window. Type in admin password. Then allow your account to have permission to read and write.

If still no luck, then you might need to trash FCP preferences if they became corrupt.

However, it does not sound to me like you have FCP set up correctly. Your applications (including FCP) and project files should be on your system drive. Your media (render and capture) files should be on your media drive. You could keep your applications and project files on an external drive but not on the same drive as your media. The system drive should be backed up regularly. Your active media drive should be backed up as needed and wiped clean between project(s).

You need to be a lot more specific in your posts.

OSX 10.5.7; MAC Book PRO (EARLY 2008); Camcorders: Sony Z7U, Canon HV30, Sony vx2000/PD170, Canon xl2; Pana, Sony, and Canon consumer cams; FCP certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]