FORUMS: list search recent posts

avc hd to dvc pro hd

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
johnsabbath d'urzo
avc hd to dvc pro hd
on Jun 4, 2010 at 5:14:46 pm

I have AVCHD footage that I converted in Toast 10 into DVCPRO HD. Then brought this footage into FCP6. I dragged the footage onto the timeline and FCP message was to make the sequence the same as the footage, I clicked YES. I am using a Kona LHe with a Power PC. The output in FCP is the same as the sequence. Why does my footage need to render in the FCP timeline?

Return to posts index

johnsabbath d'urzo
Re: avc hd to dvc pro hd
on Jun 4, 2010 at 5:29:59 pm

I have just watched to footage and it looks downgraded and a little jagged around curved edges, like peoples shoulders. How can this be fixed? thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Jim Carswell
on Jun 4, 2010 at 5:50:37 pm

Bring your AVCHD directly into Final Cut as ProRes. Skip the step of converting to DVCPROHD in Toast.

Jim

Jim Carswell
Spyhop Productions, Inc.
Savannah, GA
http://www.spyhopproductions.com

Return to posts index

johnsabbath d'urzo
on Jun 4, 2010 at 6:09:04 pm

FCP would not recognise the AVCHD formate, because it's FCP 6 on a powerPc. I doesn't recognise the index files. The AVCHD is footage is from the camera and they are .MTS files. So i put the .MTS files in toast and can output whatever I want, so I did DVCPRO HD. The footage looks jagged. Oh i fixed the render problem. The audio bit rate did not match, the footage was 32 bit and FCP6 Has a max of 24 bit for the timeline. So What's up with the jagged footage?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]