FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding new clips to already made multiclips?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Shott
Adding new clips to already made multiclips?
on Jun 3, 2010 at 7:32:28 pm

Looking for any advice on a situation.

Last week I built the multiclips for a segment and the editor started working with them. Today I was given another tape they just found and asked to include it in the multiclips.

Is there any way to add a clip into a multiclip that has already been edited into a sequence or is my best bet to create new multiclips and manually reedit the sequence with them? Or is there another option out there?

We're still running FCP 6.0.6 incase they added anything new in v7

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Gossen
Re: Adding new clips to already made multiclips?
on Jun 8, 2010 at 6:52:54 am

What you want is "Insert New Angle Affiliates". I don't remember if this was available in 6.0.6, but I hope so. Open a multiclip to the Viewer. Drag out the new angle from the Browser and hold for a second over the Viewer. A contextual colored menu should pop up, go from there. Hope it works. In theory it sounds great, but I have had trouble with this kind of thing before. Best of luck.

Michael Gossen
Helium Digital Media

Return to posts index

Emanuel Ach
on Feb 22, 2011 at 9:54:28 pm

It works great. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Filip Kalinowski
on May 8, 2013 at 6:27:03 pm

Just did it on fcp 7.
I had issue with synchronization(propably due to lack of same timecode on all clips - I was using in-points for synchronization on first 4 clips).
To achive synchronization with rest of multiclip I needed to synchronize new clips with my clip form V1 track, than (becouse there were different timecodes and both clips had different lenght) I exported new clip as a reference file (faster export). After synchronization my new clip started exacly 00:00:33:04 later than my V1 clip, so I added 33:04 of slug at the begining of my new clip, than after inserting my new clip into multiclip everything was synchronized.

hope it helps if anyone will have issues

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]