FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Remap (slow down audio WITH affect on pitch)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristian Engelsen
Audio Remap (slow down audio WITH affect on pitch)
on Jun 3, 2010 at 7:14:32 pm

Hey!

I didn't get an answer in the basics section. I guess this not possible: Is there anyway to remap audio so that it plays slower, with the pitch for slow audio and everything, inside FCP? Without going outside to Soundtrack Pro? I don't think it is possible in FCP, but I hope you guys know for sure? Like you see in this video:

Its at 4 second! and some other places out in the vid!

Thanks

Return to posts index

Richard Gardner
Re: Audio Remap (slow down audio WITH affect on pitch)
on Jun 6, 2010 at 4:04:46 pm

Maybe one reason you didn't get a response is because after watching 2 minutes of the sample video I still haven't heard what you are asking about. Painful. But the process is simple. If the audio is separate from the video simply select it in the timeline, type "command-j" and chose a speed percentage of less that 100. If it's still linked to the video, type "command-L" to unlink it first. There are also controls for having the audio change speed over time.

fledgling editor
professional slouch

Return to posts index

Kristian Engelsen
on Jun 6, 2010 at 7:25:13 pm

Hey! Thanks for answering. The sample is the first skateboard trick the little black kid does out the small 3 step staircase on the very beginning of the clip. When he lands with crossed legs on his board. They slow down the video and the audio together. I wonder how I can do this in FCP, to put it simple. I apologize for the bad explaining. I hope you understand what I mean know?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Kristian Engelsen
on Jun 6, 2010 at 7:35:13 pm

If you want some more samples of it, it can be found at 2:37 to 3:12 and at 3:38min in the clip

Return to posts index

Kristian Engelsen
on Jun 6, 2010 at 8:23:44 pm

Thanks for the info on cmd+j and all, but I'm talking about remap it with the pen tool, just like you do with the speed of the video. Is that even possible? I know it is possible with the audio effects, but can you change audio speed as well?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Richard Gardner
on Jun 6, 2010 at 8:53:34 pm

Using the Time Remap tool (or graph) kills the sync between audio and video. I think you might try using something like AfterEffects, or just change the speed between 2 points in FCP. It won't be a smooth ramp up and down, but that might be less of an issue than you would think.

fledgling editor
professional slouch

Return to posts index

Kristian Engelsen
on Jun 7, 2010 at 7:14:10 am

I guess I have to do it in After Effects. But it would be nice to be able to do it directly in FCP. Thanks for answering!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]